Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Power of a Support System

When I found out I was pregnant, my mom and dad were shocked, angry, and sad.  They could not believe that someone who was raised the way I was could be pregnant without being married.  My parents are liberals, but still traditional in the way that a man and woman shouldn't live together before getting married, let alone get pregnant.

But I was.

I was 6 weeks along when I found out but waited till I was 9 weeks to tell my parents.  I was terrified and disappointed in myself, that I had acted so dumb and not more careful.  I cried and cried when I told them, so did they.  The next day, my mom told me she would support any decision I made, keeping Noah or placing him.  This was everything to me.

Making such a difficult decision and surviving it would have been impossible without having my family's support.  I know there are so many women who place that have to go through this journey alone and it pains me to see what they go through.

I am very blessed, my family eagerly waits for updates like I do, we even share an iCloud album with Noah's adoptive mom so they get them the same time I do.  I think this is going is just going to reaffirm Noah of how much he is loved down the road.  He has so many people who love him.




Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment