Friday, January 31, 2014

The Main Thing




If you are anything like me, you are currently experiencing some of your hardest days. Since my husband's accident 2 weeks ago, our lives have been turned upside down. I'm not sure if I'm coming or going or just dreaming (I wish!). I've never been so tired, so discouraged, or felt so out of control for a very long time. For sure, not ever in my adult life.

And yet, life has never been simpler. I remember a long time ago a youth pastor said these words to me: The Main Thing is to keep The Main Thing The Main Thing. Profound, right? As I sit here tonight after spending most of the day in tears, I say yes, that is some profound thinking right there.

I've cancelled my calendar for six months out. I've had to back out of commitments I've made. I have no idea what tomorrow holds.

But I'm at peace. Totally secure in the knowledge that God is on His Throne, that none of this is a surprise to him. I am not alone, not abandoned. He is everything I need. I don't have to do this on my own. And if I look hard, I can see so many blessings coming out of these circumstances. I can see so many prayers being answered in a way only God could pull off.

So I challenge you tonight to look really hard at your life. What are you thankful for? Start telling God. Despite your situation, what blessings are coming your way? Start telling God. Those things are there. I know they are. If I can see blessings in this mess, so can you.



Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment