Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thinking of Myra




About this week every year, I start thinking about my maternity home roommate. We lost touch a couple of years after placement and despite my best efforts, I have failed to reconnect with her. She was my sanity during such a dark period of my life. She was older than me and such a good friend. I still think of her often and am sad that we have missed so many years together.

Anyway, as the birthday of her birthson comes and goes, I am once again transported to that time and that room in the hospital where I celebrated with her the birth of her son. Before we let our children go to the foster families, we held a dedication service with them. I attended hers, she attended mine.

So I find myself at the same place as I am at this time every year. I still hope to reconnect with her one day.




Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment