Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bridging the Gap



So the question on my mind today is this: How do we as birthmoms, authors, and/or speakers share our message without being pushy and without shoving our stories and emotions into another person's face?

Recently I've become part of a new group unrelated to adoption. It's always interesting to see how each person's story will unfold and be told during the course of a group. This particular group will be together for the next 30 weeks and slowly but surely we are learning more and more about each other.

A couple weeks ago, the topic of the group carried on into the weekly blog. And since it was relevant, I forwarded the blog on to a couple group members. And those group members responded positively to what I wrote about.

Here comes the weirdness.... no one mentioned the 'birthmom' part of the blog. No one asked what it meant, what it was for, if I was one, why I was blogging on that type of site, blah blah blah. So now I'm left to assume that although they have read a post of mine on a birthmom blog site, they do not necessarily know about that part of me. Or maybe they read that part of the site and don't care. Or don't know what to say. Or think I'm a total moron.

So that's what's on my mind this day. Of course, the Halloween sugar high hasn't hit yet, so that could change. Have a great, scary night!





Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment