Thursday, December 6, 2012

Looking for Myra


Time for my yearly lost roommate post. Last year's post, Dear Myra, pretty much sums it up. But since it's been a year since I last looked for her, guess I'll give it another go.

Myra was my roommate at the maternity home. Of course at the time, we were closer than we were to our own sisters. Nothing could come between us -- not houseparents, not our situations, not even our families. We were thick as thieves we were.

Our babies were born several months apart, but we kept in touch after she left in December. She came back for Katie's dedication ceremony in March. After that it was letters and phone calls and visits. She was older than me, so when we did get together, we could go where we pleased because she had a driver's license.

But real life has a way of seeping in and while I was trying to finish high school, she was off to college to make a life for herself. We lost touch so long ago it's hard to remember when exactly we had our last communication.

Amazing how shared experiences can bond you to someone else for life. There's not a year that goes by that I don't long to find her and reconnect.

My, if you're out there, I'm still looking. Hopefully someday we will meet again.






Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment