Thursday, November 1, 2012

Grace Period


The other day I received an email reminding me that my library book was due. A couple days later, I remembered. By then it was almost midnight, so I got in my car and dropped it in the dropbox.

The way the grace period works, I thought to myself, is that the check-in system doesn't care if I dropped off the book in the first hour or the last. It just matters that I do it.

The grace period has reminded me of coping with being a birthmom. I know we have talked about a lot of ways to cope throughout the seasons of the year. And I for one use them all. I write. I talk to you girls. I talk with others. I pray. I cry. I have times of quiet reflection.

And through all of that God shows me his grace by giving me what I need when I need it. Sometimes it's peace in the midst of a stressful time. Sometimes it is courage to move forward in my relationship with my birthdaughter.

Sometimes it is courage to move forward without a relationship with my birthdaugther.

Grace is undeserved merit. I have done nothing and can do nothing to earn it. Because I follow Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, he showers me with it all the time. Not that I always recognize it. But when I most need it, whether I know it or not, it's there.

For some reason, that is what is on my mind this Halloween week. Hope you're having a good one.




Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment